Chris Bosh on NBA Career: ‘I’ve Made the Decision Not to Pursue It Anymore’

FILE - In this Feb. 3, 2016, file photo, Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh (1) reacts to a call during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Dallas Mavericks, in Dallas. Bosh was dealing with more than one blood clot earlier this year, and said Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016,  that he felt written off when Miami Heat team doctors advised him that the situation would likely be career-ending. (AP Photo/LM Otero, File)

LM Otero/Associated Press

Former All-Star power forward Chris Bosh said Monday that he will no longer pursue an NBA return.

Bosh addressed the topic in an interview with Bill Simmons of The Ringer after having not appeared in an NBA game since the 2015-16 NBA season:

In the interview (h/t Bryan Kalbrosky of Hoops Hype), Bosh discussed his decision: “That part of my life is over. That has been a tough thing to deal with but I’m good, which has taken a long time [for me to accept] … I could have kept playing. But man, that time has passed. I’ve made the decision not to pursue it anymore.”

The Miami Heat shut down Bosh because of blood clots, and after he failed a physical, no team was willing to take a chance on the two-time NBA champion.

     

This article will be updated to provide more information on this story as it becomes available.

Get the best sports content from the web and social in the new B/R app. Get the app and get the game.

NBA News

via Bleacher Report – NBA http://bit.ly/2gMI6gF

February 12, 2019 at 07:34AM

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s