IPL 2018: Top 10 Run-Scorers, Wicket-Takers After Mumbai vs. Punjab
Bikas Das/Associated Press
It was a must-win game for Mumbai, who won by three runs to move into fourth place in the table on 12 points. Kings XI Punjab are also on 12 points but dropped down to sixth place due to an inferior run rate.
ESPNcricinfo showed the final score:
MI survive. Yet again!
Jasprit Bumrah the hero
KL Rahul put in another terrific display for Kings XI Punjab and came close to scoring a century as he eventually departed on 94 off 60 balls. He’s now the leading run-scorer, while team-mate Andrew Tye is the top wicket-taker.
Here’s a look at the season’s key stats so far. Full details are available via the competition’s official website.
Orange Cap Leaders (Runs)
1. KL Rahul, Kings XI Punjab (652)
2. Rishabh Pant, Delhi Daredevils (582)
3. Jos Buttler, Rajasthan Royals (548)
4. Kane Williamson, Sunrisers Hyderabad (544)
5. Ambati Rayadu, Chennai Super Kings (535)
6. Virat Kohli, Royal Challengers Bangalore (514)
7. Suryakumar Yadav, Mumbai Indians (500)
8. Shane Watson, Chennai Super Kings (424)
9. MS Dhoni, Chennai Super Kings (413)
10. Dinesh Karthik, Kolkata Knight Riders (412)
Purple Cap Leaders (Wickets)
1. Andrew Tye, Kings XI Punjab (24)
2. Hardik Pandya, Mumbai Indians (18)
3. Umesh Yadav, Royal Challengers Bangalore (17)
4. Jasprit Bumrah, Mumbai Indians (16)
5. Sunil Narine, Kolkata Knight Riders (15)
6. Trent Boult, Delhi Daredevils (15)
7. Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Kings XI Punjab (14)
8. Mayank Markande, Mumbai Indians (14)
9. Mitchell McClenaghan, Mumbai Indians (14)
10. Rashid Khan, Sunrisers Hyderabad (13)
MI (186/8) beat KXIP (183/5) by 3 runs
Mumbai can still finish in the top four and qualify for the play-offs, but it was nervy stuff at their Wankhede Stadium. Kieron Pollard was crucial to the victory as he managed a half-century in a strong partnership with Krunal Pandya.
Tye was also in good form and picked up a record during the game, as shown by CricTracker:
Andrew Tye achieves a rare IPL record. #IPL2018 https://t.co/sOnNzoEl9E
Despite Tye’s best efforts, Mumbai finished on 186 and Kings XI opened their run chase with Chris Gayle and Rahul.
Rahul continued the superb form he has shown throughout the tournament to put his team in sight of victory. Cricketer Mohammad Kaif was full of praise for the 26-year-old:
Mohammad Kaif @MohammadKaif
Magnificent innings from KL Rahul. He had been magnificent and feel for him but Kings 11 have simply not been good enough in the crucial phases. Mumbai owe this to Bumrah. Top spell #MIvKXIP
Yet Mumbai managed to hang on and had Jasprit Bumrah to thank for sneaking in the victory. He saw off Rahul in the penultimate over to turn the game back in his side’s favour.
Mumbai Indians highlighted his performance:
Mumbai Indians @mipaltan
Stunning! Lethal! Unstoppable!
@Jaspritbumrah93’s bowling turned the game in our favour. How clinical was he!
#CricketMeriJaan #MIvKXIP #MumbaiIndians https://t.co/0G6exNpW8F
A nerve-wracking end to the final innings ensued, with Mitchell McClenaghan just doing enough as Mumbai won by three runs and moved into a play-off spot.
They now face a final fixture against bottom Delhi Daredevils on Sunday, while Kings XI Punjab take on second-placed Chennai Super Kings in the final match of the regular season.
Breaking Sports News
via Bleacher Report – Front Page https://ift.tt/yO6Sgr
May 16, 2018 at 12:29PM