After seven years with the Patriots, left tackle Nate Solder has left for the Giants. And he’ll be compensated very well for his decision to change teams.
Here’s a look at Solder’s full deal.
1. Signing bonus: $16 million.
2. 2018 base salary (fully guaranteed): $5.9 million.
3. 2019 base salary (fully guaranteed): $12.9 million.
4. 2020 base salary: $9.9 million.
5. 2020 roster bonus (due first day of league year): $3 million.
6. 2021 base salary: $9.9 million.
7. 2021 roseter bonus (due first day of league year): $4 million.
Solder also has annual workout bonuses of $100,000.
It’s a simple structure that guarantees Solder $34.8 million over the first two years. And in 2020 and 2021, the Giants will have to make early decisions on whether to keep Solder, given the seven-figure roster bonuses that activate on the first day of the league year.